Surgery Delayed

September 4, 2008

The doctors are going to try something a little less invasive. They have a new plan. They want to go in through a couple of small incisions in her belly and put the end of the shunt in a new position.

The general surgeon thinks that the incision in her belly didn't heal fast enough. He doesn't think that her body isn't processing the fluid. The steroids hinder her healing but she has to have them to keep the swelling down on her brain.

They haven't found any infection yet. So that's good.

They were going to operate Friday around 2:30 but her blood platelets are too low right now to do surgery. So they may have to postpone the surgery until next week if her platelets don't come up to an acceptable level by tomorrow.

Once again God is in control.

No comments: