Praises Along the Way--Songs of Deliverance

September 3, 2008

Danni's spirits are a little better today. Her doctor said that there are two options in his mind but we are still waiting for her to see the general surgeon. Her one option is to clamp off the shunt and see if she really needs it (not a good option) she's still draining quite a bit into the external drain or route the shunt through a vein into her heart so her blood can carry the fluid away.

Neither of these sound like good alternatives. No wonder she and the doctor had such reservations about the shunt. What a mess. We wait for her deliverance. We know what it feels like to be in the "lions den" with death breathing down our necks.

I was reading in Job the other day chapter 1 verses 20-21 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell on the ground in worship and said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised."

I was blown away by the way Job responded to the complete tragedy of his life. This response came on the heals of four servants one after another bringing devastating news about his finances (livestock) being stolen, his servants being killed and worst of all every one of his children dying in a horrible accident.

And yet Job WORSHIPPED the Lord. Wow. I was speechless. So I thought that I would follow Job's example and worship and give praise to the Lord for who he is and the simple fact that no matter what I encounter in life HE IS WORTHY OF PRAISE.

I didn't feel like praising God but when I did an amazing sensation came over me, like power was being released into our circumstances.

Whatever circumstances you find yourself in today, if you are overwhelmed or if you are not, I challenge you to lift your hands and worship Jesus and see if your experience is the same.

It lifted the burden and helped me to refocus on the one who could bring our deliverance. He is in control. Sometimes I forget that and need to be reminded.

I'd be interested to hear testimonies of what you've experienced. God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all get down and sometimes for some reason or other don't focus on God and all his love. Until one day at any given moment he is there knocking on our door, asking us why we have not been so trueful to him. If at that very moment WE look at and ask God to cleans us from our sins or to just help us see his light and all that is right HE WILL BE THERE. I know this too from having a hard time dealing with the death of my mother and brother. (at different times in my life) But I did ask God to come back into my life and HE WAS THERE and I know he really never left. I just had to look harder and understand that EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR HIS REASON! Thank you for sharing so much of your life and your feelings. You are a LIGHT of GOD HELPERS for us all to see. Amen May love & prayers be with you and Danni at this time in your lives and may healing take place.

Anonymous said...

Watching your blog consistantly and prayfully uplift you all in this enormous challenge you face.
"Lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways depend upon the Lord and He shall direct your paths"...you are a great example of one turning to Him for comfort and direction. This is worship in itself! He shall never leave His children...we sometimes leave Him, but He is faithful to His promises.
We are thankful that you, understand who you are in Christ and dwell in Him. I can recall times in my life where I tried to do things "my way" and what a mess I made...running back to Him for help and comfort...(forever His child)...and He is always there to comfort and guide. What a peace and joy He gives even in the midst of wordly turmol. Rejoice in that!
We continue to pray that He will supply your needs and direct you and the doctors in decisions needed for HIS best care....and positioning Danni for her healing.
Love....grandma and grandpa