April 15, 2008, Praises Along the Way - A Word in Due Season

As I was talking with my husband about the below article "Bummer," about my discouragement and frustration he paused for a moment and said he was reading something. Then he read it to me.

Luke 8:22-25-One day Jesus said to his disciples, "Let's go over to the other side of the lake." So they got into a boat and set out. As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall come down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.

The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!" He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm.

"Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples. In fear and amazement they asked one another, "Who is this?" He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him."

How appropriate, the perfect word at the perfect time. I love the Lord's rebuke, so gentle and loving. "Where is your faith?" Yes, Lord, I hear you. We won't drown, you are the Master, and the wind and the water that appear to be raging obey you and you alone!

Oh me of little faith. Thank you Jesus for responding to the cries of my heart. So true you are close to those who are broken hearted and in need of you. I love you so much, you are so faithful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christi, I understand your frustration. When you go threw illness like this; you go threw so much feelings. I remember when my husband first found out that his dad's brain tumor was cancer. He was upset and mad. The first person he lashed out to was God. Once he had as I would put it a two year old fit then he realized he needed to put his faith in God instead of being mad. I know it is hard sometimes. He does have a plan for us all. You have touched lots of people in your writings. If you need someone to email talk please feel free to email me. BobnLori2@aol.com. My prayers are with you and Danni.
Lori Bieber

Anonymous said...

Christi,

....you? ....of little faith?? You do not know me, but it is obvious by what i've been reading here over the last few weeks that you are a VERY POWERFUL CHRISTIAN!!!!! I know u r quite pleasing to God, and your whole family. Your faith is larger i know than many people who claim to be christian. Lori Bieber is right......your writings here have touched MANY people....touched them in ways that you will never get to know in your lifetime. HANG IN THERE!! Trust in God.....even if things get worse. Remember, the bad guys want you to lash out at HIM. Instead, i say.....sing! Sing with joy! ...and love ...and praise! God will carry you thru this....and HE will touch the lives of many others in the process!

shawn

Anonymous said...

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. "

~ Harriet Beecher Stowe