Current Condition

November 26, 2008

Danni is currently sleeping constantly. She was waking to my voice this morning but since about 11 am I cannot rouse her.

Her countenance is peaceful and she sleeps quietly which is a dramatic change from the last 2 or 3 days. She was constantly talking day and night and was very restless, so much so that medication didn't even seem to control it. Now, she is quiet.

With so many who love her here, her cheeks have been stroked and kissed a thousand times. I don't think a second goes by without someone touching her and speaking softly to her.

I'm so glad she's at home and we have been working so hard to take care of her. This is our reward to shower God's love over her as she sleeps waiting patiently for the Lord.

It is truly a beautiful and holy time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I have been extremely encouraged by reading your blogs. Your faith and courage is truly amazing.
God bless you on this journey...
Sarasota, FL

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog every day sometimes more than once daily. I feel like I know you and Danni. I have love for you both and I know too that God will come to get Danni all in good time. Or he will heal her completely. We just have to sit and wait and watch to see which one he chooses.I understand the waiting is the hardest part. But as I have said before and so have others. Please keep your faith and know that He is beside you and will not leave you! Prayers are with you and your family...

Anonymous said...

Christy, Matt & family:
Your sharing with us about the waiting, and care and comfort you're giving Danni reminds me of when we sat by my Dad's bedside and prayed and prayed for his release to his Heavenly Father. We found comfort and so did Dad in singing some of the older hyms he liked so well. Here is one close to my heart. " Fill my cup , Lord, I lift it up, Lord, Come and quench this thirsting of my soul, Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more, Fill my cup,
Fill it up and make me whole."
There was a man in my dad's room who was listening to me and my mom sing, it wasn't the most beautiful sound but it brought a calmness to my dad. Later on the roomate told us he thought we sounded like angels. He said he talked to God for the first time in a long time. God is always using us if we let Him. God hears us even when we cry out in song. I hope this helps you a little. Our thoughts, prayers and LOVE continue to pour out to God for you.
WE LOVE YOU, WE LOVE YOU, WE LOVE YOU !!!
Diane & Kala

Anonymous said...

I think you are being very hard on yourself. Give yourself time to grieve. Allow yourself to rest. God is also holding your hand. Just as you love Danni, your heavenly father loves you, his child. Be at peace in all you have done. You are His vessel. You are loved. You are cherished. You are His.