Love One Another

March 12, 2009

I’m thinking today about family and how it is so important every day to communicate your love for each other because you never know when that will be the last time you ever speak with them.

This morning I was in a deep sleep and for some reason while I could hear people milling about the house getting ready to go to school and work it didn’t occur to me to get up until I heard the bus in front of the house.

Then it was too late…the kids were out the door and away they went. My heart sank and I was so sad that I didn’t get up to give them goodbye hugs and kisses. I know they are older (15 and 11) but I think it is so important. I was confused as to why I didn’t get up, this is not like me, and I concluded that God wanted to teach me something. (No, I’m not depressed) :}

I began to thank God for my family and friends. As I sat and took in the morning I saw a robin outside my window and it reminded me of things my grandpa would say and do when he saw one. All this made me so aware of the wonderful people God has surrounded me with during my life.

Like a warm coat on a chilly spring day. Family means so much and yet it seems they are the ones we always take for granted. They are the ones we always hurt.

I am so saddened by the things I hear about on the news…people are killing their family members right and left! What is happening to our world? Hard times used to make families cling to one another and now… just shoot them! These are signs to us of the urgency of or time. (Mark 13:12)

There are so many hurting people out there, so many in need of him. (John 4:35)

I think what God was reminding me about today was that my children and family members and friends are all to be cherished. They are gifts from him and they can be taken away without a moment’s notice. They are to be loved and cared for and respected. (Mark 12:31, Ephesians 5:15-16, 19-33)

Every day I want to be in right relationship with God, my family and those around me. God, help me have no regrets. Help me to live every day as if it was my last or my family’s last. Make me aware; wake me up so that I don’t miss a moment you’ve given me. I receive your life, your abundant life and I believe with all my heart that in you it is mine!

Not that I am worthy but you make me worthy. Thank you so much for that Jesus. I want all that you have for me. I trust in your goodness in all situations. Your love endures forever…amen!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter is leaving home tomorrow. . . . in a good way. It will be a good move. Yet we will miss her! She isn't gone forever from this life as Danni. We will see her again. Yet it will never be the same as having her here as "our little girl".

Life is so very short.

And relationships are soooo important.

I heard someone say today that what children really need is "time together".

That is what we all need. "TIME TOGETHER". . . . with each other.

We must count our days with wisdom.