Strength in Weakness

February 9, 2009

I love how my Father wakes me up every morning. We set our alarm to a local inspirational station and it never fails that the music seems to be handpicked for us. You know how when God is speaking to you many times you will hear the same scripture over and over from several different people and sources?

The song this morning was one I had never heard before but contained the following scriptures that have continually been presented to me in the last few days.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV) But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

I confess I had to repent for my prideful way of coming to the Lord in my “strength”. He would give me something to read and I would think in my mind, okay, I’ve read this and I know this story.


Consequently, God has been quiet lately and I haven’t been receiving much from the word. I thank God for showing me my error and I will come to him in my weakness that his power can be made perfect and that Christ’s power may rest on me as the scripture says above.

I think many times God is quiet when we come to him because he is waiting for us to come with a humble heart that is willing to receive what he has to say.

I am thankful for Romans 8:26-27 and Hebrews 4:14-16 which allowed me to see the grace of God and just how sufficient it is for me. I love how God always goes before us and provides all we need.

God, I want to know you, I want to experience your love for me deeper than I have ever known. Help me to fully surrender myself to you humble and weak so that your power can be made perfect in me and that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Help me not to fear and fill me with your joy and peace. Bring healing to my spirit. Help me to be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. Grant me favor in your courts and help me to hear your voice clearly. Help me be obedient to your voice at all times. Thank you that you will give me the desires of my heart as I stay focused on you.

Keep me from evil, give me all I need for today and let your kingdom come and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Thank you that your Spirit is interceding for me. Amen

No comments: