Fear Not! Fear God!

February 14, 2009

Job 3:25-26 (NIV) “What I feared has come upon me, what I dreaded has happened to me. I have no peace, no quietness ; I have no rest, but only turmoil.”

Most of the third chapter of Job is him cursing the day he was born. He has just had everything near and dear to him ripped away. He says an interesting thing in verse 25…”what I feared has come upon me…”

I always thought to myself, “How do people take care of special needs kids or anyone who is suffering?” I confess there was always a fear of this type of situation. Something I’ve learned is that God will always make you face your fears.

Going through an experience like I’ve just been through made me see just how faithful God is and how powerful is his perfect love to drive out any fear. (1John 4:18)

I have seen his deliverance first hand. I used to fear not having enough money but after I had seen the provision of the Lord time and time again I no longer have those fears. Slowly God is causing me to face my fears in order to deliver me from them!


There are others he did this for in the bible such as Moses, Gideon, Esther, Elijah, Job, Joshua, and the list goes on and on.

So if something that you have feared has come upon you; go to God and thank him for the opportunity for you to be able to see his deliverance first hand and repent for having feared that thing in the first place.

Many times we are commanded in the bible not to fear people or situations but we are however instructed constantly throughout the scriptures to fear the Lord. Strong’s Concordance number 3372 is used the most where “fear of the Lord” is used in the bible and it means this…to fear, revere, be afraid, to stand in awe of, be awed, honor, respect, be dreadful, be held in awe, terrify, and to inspire reverence.

These are all attitudes we need to have where God is concerned. It seems to me that the only thing we are instructed TO fear is God!



No comments: