Direct from the Spirit

August 18, 2009

As I thought about the comment from the last blog and my answer to the question posed about another site two other scriptures came to mind.

In John 14:26, Jesus says "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have said to you." In his passage from John 14:15-26, Jesus is reassuring us that we can rely on the Holy Spirit.

Also, 1 John 2:27 says, "As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him."

The Holy Spirit is real and he is faithful to teach us all things. We can and should rely upon him for every issue of life. He won't lead us astray. We can trust him to make things clear. I wonder what his opinion would be? Interesting thought, I think I'll ask him! :}


No comments: